The yard is the place where you rest in the evening. It is the spot where your children usually play. But, if your yard has uninvited fire ants. Well, then it is a sign that you need to pay more attention to your yard. Fire ants can sting aggressively. It can cause irritation and pain.
Facts About Fire Ants
- One ant queen produces at least 40 and up to 150 mounds in the area of 1 acre.
- Fire ant mounds may look small outside but they can include an underground tunnel that reaches up to 25 feet deep.
- Fire ants don’t simply stay in gardens. They can invade in your house and other areas as well.
- Fire ants queen has the capacity of laying up to 800 ant eggs per day.
- The life span of a fire ant queen can be 2 to 6 years.
Getting rid of fire ants becomes harder if you neglect it. Therefore, it is advised that you take some action as quickly as possible. This will allow you to stop the ant formation at the beginning. And most importantly, it is best to use fire ant termination bait products early in the morning. All worker fire ants look for food in the morning. If you spread the product in the morning, then they will bring the bait to their mounds quickly.
Controlling Fire Ants in Gardens
Gardens improve the visuals of your home. However, you would need to do proper maintenance in order to ensure that your garden is harmless to you. Well. If you will ignore your garden then insects will form and they will damage it. Apart from it, insects can be harmful to your health as well. If you want to have a healthy garden then controlling the development of insects is the first thing that should come into your mind.
Let’s see a few gardening habits that can help you keep your garden free from harmful insects:
- Consider using fencing and trapping techniques in your garden as an insect control measure
- Proper sanitation will help you keep your garden safe for human being and it will reduce insect infesting possibilities
- Regularly pick the plants that are not good for your garden so that you can keep it in good shape
- Ensure that your plants are healthy so that they can fight the insect at the primary stage
- Plant some herbs that have strong smells which will keep the insects away from your garden
- Manage plant watering sessions properly so that there would be no excess watering
With the help of these changes, you can keep your garden healthy for a long time. And now, when you face insect infesting problems, you would need to make a quick action. You can either choose to go with the natural method or you can purchase harmless insect killer products.
Natural Ways Of Controlling Fire Ants
- Bring some beneficial bugs in your garden so that they can reduce the harmful bugs.
- Plant-insect repellent plants such as rosemary, lavender, petunias or marigold.
- Attract the birds that eat away the harmful insects to get rid of these insects.
- You can spray light soap mixed water in your garden which will help you eliminate insects.
- Neem Oil is considered to be the natural insecticide and it can get rid of insects efficiently.
Pet-Friendly Ways Of Controlling Insects In Your Garden
Pets cannot be controlled by words. Therefore, if your garden is infested with the insects and you need to get rid of them, considering pet-friendly options is your only choice. You should be careful while you choose the pest controlling product for your garden. Let’s see a pet-friendly product range that can help you get rid of insects without harming the health of your pets.
Garden Insect Prevention Changes And Habits
Plant Health: It is important that all of the plants are healthy in your garden. If you see any weak plant in your garden, then you should immediately treat it. If your plant cannot be treated then it should be removed instantly.
Healthy Soil: Use necessary measures to increase the health of garden soil. Strong and healthy soil can prevent insect invasion and formation. You can use natural fertilizers or natural composting techniques for this purpose.
Less Moisture: It is good to water your plants but make sure that you don’t water them more than they need. Organize plants according to their watering need and ensure that there is no excess water. Most importantly, keep the plants dry because wet plants are more vulnerable to pest attack.
Disinfect Everything: Just like us, plants also need a clean and hygienic environment to stay healthy. You should disinfect the gardening tools from time to time. If you treat any infested plant then don’t use the same tools for healthy plants. Or, disinfect them before using it on other plants.
No Non-trusted Transplants: When you bring new plants to your garden then it can also bring a new disease or pest. It is necessary that you purchase plants, soil or related products from a certified or trusted source.
When you are controlling or eliminating insects from your garden, it is necessary that you take the safety of your pet into consideration. Using pet-friendly products can be the best and quickest way to remove all the unnecessary insects and pests from your garden. However, you need to ensure that you take the necessary preventive measure after the insect and pest control. Doing this will help you keep your garden safe and healthy for a long time.
If you see insects in your garden, then you should not delay your pest control actions. It is necessary to get rid of insects as soon as you can. You can try natural remedies, but you should choose a quick result option. It is not a bad idea to use trusted pest control products. However, once you got rid of the insects, make sure that you take necessary actions for garden safety. You should make your garden less vulnerable to pests and insects.