The olives are traditional Mediterranean Basin crop fruits. Grinding & extracting whole olives give us oil that we can use for cooking or external application purposes. Olive oil is healthy and nourishing for our body, hair, skin and overall health of our organs. We can make it part of our daily routine.
According to the analysis & stats of International Olive Council (IOC), estimate consumption of olive oil was 3.14 million tons in the year 2020. These stats show a consistent growth of olive oil demand in the market and there is a reason for that.
When people are moving towards healthy diet plans, olive oil is definitely their priority. The consumption of olive oil dates back to 4000 BC. More interestingly, we can find the proof of olive cultivation in Late Minoan period (1500 BC). We can see its use in the Holy Bible as well as in the Holy Koran.
According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), 1 tablespoon, or 14 grams of olive oil contains:
|Total lipid (fat)||100||g|
|Carbohydrate, by difference||0||g|
|Fatty acids, total saturated||7.14||g|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||78.57||g|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||7.14||g|
Medical – Olive Oil Use:
Olive oil has its several benefits for our life. We all know that it can be useful in beauty products or beauty care treatments. Olive is a major part of Mediterranean diet. Even doctors suggest Olive Oil use for their patients. Consuming olive oil can protect you from Cardiovascular disease, Cancer, CVD, metabolic syndrome (MetS), diabetes and obesity etc. The pharmaceuticals and soap manufacturing companies are also showing their interests. Sometimes, it also works as a burning fuel for some traditional oil lamps.
The Olive Oil itself is a quick healing and nourishing substance that provides gentle care to your skin and to your body. The traditional olive oil-producing techniques are highly nutritional. Domesticated Olive Oil produced from this process might look dark or little unclear but it keeps its nutrition safe. But since not everyone can domestically produce this oil, doctors recommend extra virgin olive oil use.
Olive Oil can keep your skin and body healthy for a long time. Olives are good for protecting your heart as well! Study on Olive Oil diet shows that you can minimize the heart risks with Olive Oil consumption.
A daily routine of consuming over one spoon olive oil can make your heart healthy. It protects your skin cells from dying and keep you young for a long time. Scientists believe that Olive Oil enhances your bone strength and improves digestion. Olive is beneficial for improving human cognitive function and memory. Olive works just like anti-inflammatory and antioxidants.
The olives are always useful for your health. A regular diet of Olive Oil would protect you against viruses and boost the immune system. Olive oil decreases the risk of breast cancer and its recurrence. It also helps in decreasing the cholesterol levels which helps you to deal with heart disease. Regular Olive Oil consumption will help you decrease both systolic and diastolic blood pressure. Olive Oil is very effective in diabetes, Obesity, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Osteoporosis.
Olive Oil possesses many biological benefits which help in various health states of a human being. The Olive Oil rich diet provides monounsaturated fatty acids, thus decreasing risks of Lipid peroxidation and biological membranes.
Several study shows that Olive Oil can be helpful in autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis. Olive oil rich diet can provide you a healthy and youthful skin with long life.
Proof That Olive Oil Can Give Long Life!
Jeanne Calment aka Jeanne Louise Calment
Jeanne Calment was a French woman who lived 122 years and 164 days! Her long life also left a mark on Guinness Book of Records! She was born in Arles, France on 21 February 1875 and she died at her hometown on 4 August 1997. She is also recognized for having “Longest documented human lifespan” and “Oldest living person”.
Here is one of the most wonderful examples of Olive Oil;
Jeanne Calment, the French super-centenarian lady had the longest human life span of 122 years, 164 days (21 February 1875 – 4 August 1997). She became well known from the age of 113! Her name was remarked in the Guinness Book of Records and she became the oldest living person in the history of the human being!
In a brief description about her health and beauty, she explained “My age shows with just one wrinkle, & I’m sitting on It.” She said that she consumed the Olive Oil for her health from her early age. Claimed that it is the reason of her longevity and relatively youthful appearance. She gave preference to olive oil in all her food choices. She rubbed it onto her skin and added it in her diet. According to her, she ate approximately one kilogram (2.2 lb) of chocolate every week.
History Of Olive Oil Tree!
Legends dictate that the Olive tree was a gift to humanity by the Goddess Athena. It is considered to be a divine plant. In the history of this world, there were so many appreciators of Olive Oil.
Homer said that Olive Oil is as precious as Liquid Gold for him. He was Olive appreciator and was aware of the divine qualities of Olive Tree.
Thomas Jefferson also proclaimed Olive Oil as the richest gift of heaven to the human being. He believed that the gods of heaven distributed some part of their healthy and long-living life as an Olive Oil Tree.
From centuries, it has been a treasure of heaven that has been given to us for healthy living.
Olive Oil has been a part of some of the holy books as well. it was also mentioned in Qur’an.
“…lit from a blessed tree, an olive, neither of the East nor of the West, its oil all but giving off light even if no fire touches it. Light upon Light. Allah guides to His Light whoever He wills and Allah makes metaphors for mankind and Allah has knowledge of all things. And by it, he makes crops grow for you and olives and dates and grapes and fruit of every kind. There is certainly a Sign in that for people who reflect.” (Qur’an, 16:11)
Although, only a few remember these words of Olive Oil appreciators, in recent years, the awareness about the Olive Oil benefits has been developed among the generation. In fact, even science is focusing on its benefits. More Olive Oil benefits are being discovered day by day.
Why consume olive oil?
The daily diet of Olives in any manner would help in your health maintenance and recovery as well. There are no limits or lists of the Olive Oil benefits. You can see it beneficial in almost all parts of our life. It is perfectly used in skin treatment and Olive Oil consumption effects on the entire body system. No matter if you consume it in your food or in your drinking beverages, it would be similarly beneficial in either way.
- Taking two tablespoons of Olive Oil daily would resist the strokes and heart attack probabilities.
- As Olive Oil Possess the Polyphenols substances, it will keep your LDL cholesterol level low within healthy ranges.
- Olive Oil consumption would make you feel energetic and it would provide enough nutrition and required proteins to your body so you would feel less hungry.
- Studies have proven that Olive Oil reduces the stroke effects of plasma oleic acid in those who consume it regularly in their diets.
- According to the research in 2008, it was classified that Olive Oil can be effective for preventing or even reverses a memory loss. It can be useful in Alzheimer’s disease.
- Olive Oil consumption would help you to stay healthy in old age. Some say that it is the healthiest and most beneficial fluid that provides you younger skin and thus younger appearance.
- According to the scientific study of 2008, olive Oil consumption does not cause weight gain.
- Consuming Olive Oil with butter on bread would enhance the taste and benefits of your food.
- Combining it with spices, garlic, herbs or citrus juices to make your food healthy and tasty.
- It can act as a digestion remedy or digestion help.
The Benefits Of Olive Oil
There are no ends or edges of the Olive Oil benefits.
The olive oil can be said a gift from God to the entire humanity. It has numerous benefits and it can be used almost for everything! It is a natural Vitamin supplement that provides so many benefits to your skin and to your body. We all would be aware of some of the olive oil benefits. Scientific industries for Olives have revealed that Olive Oil is an amazing substance that has almost uncountable benefits for human life.
Let’s take a look at some of the Olive Oil Benefits:
- Olive Oil is helpful in reducing pimples, blackheads and some types of acne.
- With its rich nutrients and proteins, the Olive Oil will protect your red blood cells and it would effect on your skin and your heart. It will keep your skin young and your heart would be healthy for a long period of time.
- Olive Oil can help you in soothing the pain or other problems caused by sunburn. It retains the skin moisture and keeps your skin healthy and young!
- With Olive Oil, you can make your own lip health substance that would keep your lips soft and shining.
- Olive Oil was used by Ancient beauties and warriors. It provides natural strength to hairs and makes them more flexible and silky.
- The regular uses of Olive Oil would prevent scalp dryness. It would work as a natural conditioner that will moisturize your skin.
Best Ways To Use Olive Oil
- It is said that Ancient Egyptians, Romans and Greeks did not use any soap. Why? Well, because they used to do it with the help of Olive Oil. Single Massage of olive oil can make your skin clean and healthy. Apply and let it rest. Olive Oil will take away all the dirt and dead skin with it. This will help you to get healthy and shining skin forever.
- Olive Oil is also helpful in paint removal from your skin. It can gently remove the paint and decreases the side effects that might be caused by paint.
- As we all know, Olive Oil is best for the entire body. Applying it on your feet would give you smooth and moisturized skin and it is the best cure of dry feet.
- Olive Oil is used in nearly all kind of skincare therapies. The benefits of cosmetic skincare products can be increased by pouring a little Olive Oil in it.
- So many Oil-based medicines could be required for some kind of skin treatments. Well, they often result in dryness and irritation of the skin. You can prevent these symptoms by using Olive Oil as a carrier base.
- It is the best natural massage oil and it is being used from centuries as an essential massage oil.
- Normally, the Nitric acids are the cause of increased blood pressure. Olive Oil reduces the Nitric acid levels and gives you ideal health and maintain blood pressure.
- You can use Olive Oil for removing Makeup from your face.
Olive oil can offer us head to toe health benefits. Studies have proven that people have lived over 100 years with the help of olive oil healthy diet. With the outnumbering health benefits, you now have a reason why you should give high preference to olive in your daily life.